Carol is in her early 80s and widowed after a 55 years of marriage. She had been a homemaker and was heading into new territory taking on sole responsibility for her finances. During the advice process, Carol’s health deteriorated to the point where she needed a high level of care.
Where We Started
Carol had received a sum of money and was anxious to make the most of it. She needed answers to questions about:
- Making decisions for her living arrangements.
- Funding her aged care costs.
- Deciding whether to sell her home.
- Making sure that her family were on the same page with her estate planning.
- We discussed these issues over several months with Carol and worked with her to create a solution.
What We Did Together
- We worked closely with Carol to determine the best way to fund the cost of her aged care.
- We worked closely with an Estate Planning specialist to clarify and communicate Carol’s wishes to her family members.