COVID 19 Updates
Roberts & Morrow hold ourselves to a high standard of transparent communication with our clients and colleagues and have been closely monitoring the developing impact of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in Australia, mainly NSW & Queensland where our businesses are located, since the beginning of 2020 until now in 2022.
In 2022, this Live Blog will be updated as frequently as possible to communicate:
- All relevant and up-to-date Government, Business and Tax updates as they relate to COVID-19.
- Roberts & Morrow’s current response to COVID-19, including all internal policies and procedures in place to protect our greater community.
*We will continue to review this information as is in line with government regulations.
Resources for Clients
CURRENT OFFICE STATUS:
DOORS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC IN NSW & QLD
Currently, we ask those who visit the office to wear a mask indoors and do a QR sign in at the door. We also encourage clients to comply with the public health orders. Find the latest regulations here: QLD & NSW
Please do not visit the office if you are unwell.
Roberts & Morrow will continue to offer our usual services and these additional options:
- Remote meetings for clients via phone or virtual options
- Document sharing via Email, MYOB Portal and OneDrive links
- Digital services through our mobile app including document uploading and signing capabilities.
Please note: We understand that all of our clients do not have the ability to send documents electronically and would like to offer the following options for submitting documents:
- Send to us directly via Australia Post (visit our website for our postal address listings)
- Deposit documents via a physical ‘drop box’ at all of our locations
- Please call your local office during regular hours for more details on how to notify us of a deposit
If you have any questions please contact us by email at email@example.com or by calling our offices directly:
You can also Follow Us on our social channels as we will be sharing relevant news and updates from credible sources:
Internal Policies and Procedure Updates
Last updated 11/02/2022
What is Roberts & Morrow currently implementing to limit the spread of COVID-19 within our offices and our community?
- Some additional protective measures have been added to help us continue to stop the spread Covid-19 in workplaces which includes; upgrading masks to medical grade N95 masks (to be worn when you cannot social distance), extra cleaning of high touch areas, making available Rapid Antigen Tests (RATs) for voluntary testing, regularly updating the COVID-19 safety plan & conducting risk assessments.
- All employees are asked to STAY HOME if they are:
- Feeling unwell
- Have a family member or reside with someone who is a confirmed case of COVID-19
- Are considered to be, or who live with an individual, in a high risk category
- Promoting work from home during lockdown periods such as:
- Asking that staff currently capable to work from home to do so
- Providing IT equipment to work from home
- Looking out for each other’s physical and mental wellbeing